Bitfan get a lot of inspiration from huggin and logstash.
Its configuration file format and is compatible and comes from logstash.
- You describe each of your usecase as a pipeline with a serie of processors organised as “inputs” > “filters” > “outputs”.
- Pipeline specification format is a extension of the logstash’s one. Some added features :
- importing configuration file from a conf file.
- routing event, on condition, to other configuration file.
- using remote configuration file.
- naming processors in your configuration (usefull to debug, API)
Bitfan runs each pipeline independently, its execution model allows to gracefully stop, start them without affecting other ones. See bitfan commands to operate a running bitfan.
Writtent with GoLang, Bitfan works on every platform and does not require a runtime or any library to run it.
bitfan cli Bitfan serv Events Pipeline, plugin, processor Buffer